Sunday, November 18, 2012

We Day Student Feedback

The best part of We Day is that it is made to inspire young people. You can't get in because your parents have money or influence, participants have to work their way in, by contributing to one local AND one global cause.

I was lucky enough to talk to a number of students after We Day. Here's what they had to say:


"I didn't think I could make a difference until I saw 
people my own age doing it." - Maddy, 13

"Spencer is SO inspiring!! If he can climb a mountain when he has no legs there's 
no limit to what I can do!" - Selma, 11

"I loved Donisha Prendergast. I have a 
lot of dreams for the world, 
I do believe they can become real." 
- Andrea, 14

"This was my first We Day. I liked that they mix up stars and regular people so we know they're not doing it just cuz they have lots of money." - Spencer, 12

"Marc and Craig are my heroes!" - Daniela, 11

"I wish my friends could attend We Day so 
they'd understand why I'm so excited to 
make a difference." - Merideth, 16

"My mom didn't even know that Martin Sheen was an activist. We Day gave me information to share with everyone, not just my classmates." - Jacob, 13

"I'm ready to rock!" - Jaden, 11

"I'm going to canvass my family and I want to fill 5 We Create Change bags. 
It's the least I can do." - Lillian, 15

"I started a letter campaign to my MP about bullying and how we can teach kids it's not right. That's how I got here. I'm not sure what I'll do next but I'm going home tonight to think about it." - Max, 14

"Marc and Craig are total superheroes to me! 
There's no one else getting kids to work like they are!" - Kayla, 14

"Adding music to the events is a good idea, it helps keep me interested when I have trouble sitting." - Andrew, 12

"I CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT YEAR!" - Sophia, 13

"I don't know what my next action will be after filling my change bags but it's gonna be huge!" - Caitlin, 14

No comments:

Post a Comment